We are currently seeking Intermediate Biologists/Ecologist or Natural Heritage Specialists in Ontario. The person who accepts this role will be working with senior leaders in our ESG group to build client relationships and help to execute and deliver projects.
* Strong understanding of terrestrial and wetland ecosystem systems and approaches to assessing potential project effects and proposed mitigation measures.
* Experience leading ELC, rare and invasive vegetation as well as terrestrial species at risk assessments.
* Permitting experience with federal, provincial and local (municipal and conservation authority) permitting and approvals processes.
* Work with senior leaders to help grow opportunities of our existing environmental consulting practice in the areas of ESIAs and permitting and natural heritage systems.
Skills and Qualifications:
* Post-Secondary Education in, Biology, planning, environmental science, or environmental, management and/or a related discipline.
* Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in managing and delivering environmental assessment and/or inventories.
* Demonstrated project execution and client engagement experience.
* Well-versed in defendable or standardized survey methodologies and a thorough understanding of Provincial and Federal permitting and approvals and regulatory requirements.